Tuesday, November 25, 2008

28 years ago...

Oh Good Lord...say it ain't so Joe!!! I am flippin' 28 years old today! How is that possible!? It's like I woke up and BAM, I'm old!!! OK, OK...I KNOW that technically I am not OLD OLD, but it just does not seem possible that I...me...HOLLY can be 28! I'm not ungrateful either for the years that the Good Lord has blessed me with...I feel very lucky to have made it this far. It's just so ironic how time flies! It seems like only yesterday I walked across the stage to get my high school diploma, I remember that day so well...I can remember the day I turned 16 and got my license, I even remember the first day of kindergarten. Some memories stand out better than others, but I can remember quiet a bit and it doesn't seem like so long ago. This coming May will be my 10 year class reunion! Go figure! I don't plan to attend, I'm just stating the fact that time is quickly passing me by. All in all, I can say that my life has been fulfilling. I remember times when I thought my life was not so great, and I'm sure there will be times ahead of me when I feel the same way, but I have been so richly blessed! My mom called me before 7 this morning to let me know how much PAIN she was in 28 years ago today in labor with me...I told her I've never caused her a day of pain in my entire life! (I wish that was true). It's been a good day. As you get older, birthdays just slip by as another day. I've tried to pull the "but it's my birthday" card with JW today a few times and he's been good enough to baby me! *aaawww* I tried to scan some pics
of me when I was a little girl, but I can't even figure out this stupid scanner...I did manage to get one.

Not sure why it is in black and white...it didn't scan that way. Oh well! I don't really know how old I was in this pic, I think mama told me I was like 6 months or something...who knows?! I gotta say, I was a cute kid! LOL JOKING!! *toot toot* LOL
Thank you God for 28 years...I pray for another 28 more!

4 comments:

Jen @ One Moms World said...

John better baby you ;). "It's my birthday and cry if I want to" hehe.

Hope you had a great and wonderful day! Come up and see the Christmas parade Saturday... Madisyn is going to be in it. Then I can give you your birthday present. Sounds like a terrific idea to me :) LOL.

Happy Birthday!!!!!! old woman hahahaha. You can tell me that in 6 months ;)

Cindy said...

How cute! I hope you had a great day! Can't believe we have been out for 10 years. I never thought that we would get out of High School. LOL

I have lets say... 10 months to go before I hit 28.
Hope you enjoy it!

Andrea said...

Happy b-day!! 28's not so bad...is it? I turn 28 next year! Yikes...times does go by fast. Oh, and yep...that pic of you as a kid is super cute!

Acutescrubnurse said...

Holly, Happy belated Birthday!! What I would do to be 28, again!! I will be 39 next week. ugh. However, I don't look that old. Somedays, I FEEL that old, but I'm doing well. (an employee guessed my age as 24 last week, LOL) I work in surgery at our local hospital, and when I see some of our patients that are my age or younger, and how OLD they look, I know I must be doing something right!!
Hope it was a happy day!
Rita