Sunday, November 23, 2008

Decorating Part 2; The Tree

OK...I am finished! My living room is all decked out and I'm tired! Here it is...

I tried to take a pic with the lights on, and then off, just to see which pic would turn out better. But as I said before, my camera is sickly; so any picture I get it to take I'm happy about! In any case, I'm VERY pleased with my tree! I think it looks really good. I'm not much of an interior decorator, or whatever you want to say, so anything that I can make look decent, I'm really proud of! My parents came over last night because our burglar alarm system went off while we were all out to eat, the police was called to the house...it was dramatic...apparently my 4 legged child set off the motion sensor in the basement...moving on though...my dad strolls thru my snowman wonderland and looks at my mom and says, "she really goes all out with this decorating doesn't she?!" YEAH RIGHT...I've seen homes where they decorate each and every room and spend butt loads of money doing so...I, on the other hand just do my LR and that's about it. I'm hoping that next year maybe we can do more on the outside. Even my peace lily got a little decoration.

This plant was from my grandmothers funeral back in Feb. so it means a lot to me. I'm trying my very best to keep it alive and take good care of it. It's pretty huge and needs a lot of TLC.

Here are my ornaments I talked about in a post before that I bought from Pigeon Forge. Again, my camera isn't taking good pics, so they are a little blurry.
This one is Tatum's. Usually all of my ornaments have some sort of snowman or snow theme to them, but I thought this one was really cute and I'm sure Tatum appreciates having his own ornament! LOL
I really like this one! Not sure if it's clear enough to read, but it has our names on the snowballs and the year at the bottom...soooooo flippin' cute! I LOVE it!!!!

Well, it's waaaay past time for bed! Back to work tomorrow, but only for 2 days! : ) Happy Happy Joy Joy!!!

4 comments:

Jen @ One Moms World said...

It looks marvelous darling :). Great job!! Now come get some of our snow to put in your yard and you will be good to go.

Cindy said...

I love snow men! They are so darn cute.

I will say your tree looks wonderful, for it to be fake!

Acutescrubnurse said...

I love the name of your blog, how original!! Also, love the tree and the snowmen.
Have a great T-day!
Rita

Andrea said...

Your tree looks awesome!! I'm trying to convince my hubby to put our tree up too but he wants to wait till Dec! Oh well. :)