Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving!

I was gonna wait and do this tomorrow, but I just looked at the clock, and it is almost tomorrow! So I figured by the time I actually get finished, it'll be after 12:00 and it will be Thanksgiving Day!
I just wanted to take the time to say Happy Thanksgiving and to tell what I am most thankful for. First and foremost, The Lord above for salvation and mercy! I thank God for saving me and for everything! HE is the reason I can be thankful for so much. Without Him I am nothing, I have nothing, but with Him I have everything!!!
I am thankful for my parents. God placed it in their hearts before I was born to raise me and my sister in church, and that's where I've always been, around God's people. I'm thankful that they raised me right, taught me right, and for
the unending love they pour out to me. They both mean the world to me.
I'm thankful for my sister, my 2 nieces, my nephew, and my brother-in-law. My family is important to me...I don't know where I'd be in this world without each one of them.
I am thankful for my husband! If anyone knows anything about me at all, it's that I prayed and prayed and prayed for God to send me a good man, and I got the best of the best! He is so good to me and I am so undeserving. John and I have had many obstacles along the way, but it seems each one has only made us stronger. He's my one true love, my soul mate, my world.
I'm thankful for friends. I don't get really close to many people, but the ones that I do, they find resting places in my heart for a lifetime. This is one of them.
Jennifer and I met our freshman year of high school and we've pretty much stuck together since then. Besides John, she is the only other person who knows just about all there is to know about me. She has been a shoulder to cry on many, many times and for that I am grateful. I love you girl!!!
I am thankful for my job, even though there are days I HATE it...but God has given it to me and I appreciate the opportunity to make a paycheck. I am also thankful for my home. The Lord really opened a door for us when He gave us this house...a house that is OURS! I love being here. I'm thankful for my little Tatum because he makes me laugh, and he makes me happy when I am sad. I'm thankful for my cat (she's at my parents house though) Cricket. She's over 15 years old and I LOVE her to death. I grew up with her and seeing her now get old and not able to get around too good really hurts, but thinking back on the memories of her and sleeping with her at night, cuddling up near her and listening to her purr, there's nothing I'd take for those days. She'll always be my baby.
I have so many blessings...I'd be here till the end of time telling about everything I am thankful for. I said before, God has richly blessed me in so many ways. I hope that everyone can say the same. God Bless!!!

1 comment:

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Happy Thanksgiving... Hope you all had a great day. I remember that picture. We are hot huh? LOL. LOVE YOU TOO!