Saturday, November 22, 2008

Decorating Part 1

Well, I've worked for 2 days now and I think I have everything just the way that I want it. There are a few more details that need to be complete but so far I'm pleased!
Because it has snowed up in the mountains and we were unsure of how safe the roads would be, or what kind of mess we'd get into, we decided to just go ahead and do an artificial tree this year. I gotta say, it's one of the most "real" looking fake trees I've ever saw! HA We got home about 10:15 last night and I went straight to work putting it together. I let John and Tatum do the easy part...
Sorting everything out and putting the poles into the stand! I had the tedious job of shaping each and every branch. That is the part of a fake tree that I HATE!! It took forever...While I was trying to work, Tatum was running around being nosey and checking out all of my snowmen. I turned my head from him just for a second and this picture says it all...
John was like, "Holly, Holly...he's getting the snowmen." I turned around and he had grabbed this one...
Uummm...I don't care how cute and cuddly you are, you DON'T mess with my snowmen! LOL This one happens to be the 1st one of my collection from Hallmark that I have been collecting since 2003. Each year they have brought out a new one and I usually go the first day they put them on sale to buy one. I've taken pictures of all of them. Here is 2004.
2005...
2006...
2007...And 2008...
All of them sing, some shakes, some dances. I'm sure you've seen the commercials on TV advertising them. I LOVE them all but I think 2004 is my favorite. John's is 2005, the snowman playing the piano. It is pretty cute.
OK, so anyway, we got the tree together and I decided to go ahead and knock out the other tedious task which is putting on the lights! I LOVE lots and lots of lights, I just wish there was an easier way of putting them on and taking them off. The trees with the lights already on them just don't seem to have enough lights for me. I digress! John did good though...he helped me the whole time...by the end, we were both dizzy headed from going 'round and 'round the tree with the strands of lights. I think it was about 1:30 this morning when we finally went to bed. He got scared that I was just gonna stay up all night and decorate but I figured I better get some sleep or it would be untelling what my tree would end up looking like. I got up this morning around 9:30ish and started again...it's finished, all but a few more snowflakes which I need to go buy...but then I think it's gonna look like the bomb dot com!!! HAHA : ) I'll do more pictures later this evening or maybe a video...My camera is sorta on the blink, so I can only get a few pics before it stops working. Ugghh...I really want Santa to bring me a NEW camera for Christmas, but he told me he was BROKE! WHAT?!?! GO FIGURE!

1 comment:

Jen @ One Moms World said...

Wow.. your background matches your house. Gosh whoever did your blog background must be so talented ;) hahaha. You did a great job, seriously though with the decorating.